Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nursing Regulation
References and Resources
- Patient safety and simulation in prelicensure nursing education: An integrative review.Teaching and Learning in Nursing. 2014; 9 (Retrieved from): 16-22
- An integrative literature review on preparing nursing students through simulation to recognize and respond to the deteriorating patient.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2013; 69: 2375-2388https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12174
- Evaluation of simulation in undergraduate nurse education: An integrative review.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2013; 9 (Retrieved from): e409-e416
- The future vision of simulation in health care.Quality and Safety in Simulation. 2004; 13 (Retrieved from): i2-i10
- The NCSBN National Simulation Study: A longitudinal, randomized controlled study replacing clinical hours with simulation in prelicensure nursing education.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2014; 5 (Retrieved from): S1-S64
- Effectiveness of patient simulation manikins in teaching clinical reasoning skills to undergraduate nursing students: A systematic review.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2010; 6 (Retrieved from): e207-e222
Massachusetts Nursing Initiative: www.mass.edu/currentinit/Nursing/Sim/ScenarioDetail.asp?s=7.
Montgomery College—Maryland: http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/nursingsims/.
National League for Nursing (NLN): www.nln.org/professional-development-programs/teaching-resources/aging/unfolding-cases.
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses(QSEN): http://qsen.org/teaching-strategies/strategy-search/advanced-search-results/?strat_type=Simulation%20Exercises.
Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC): http://sirc.nln.org/mod/page/view.php?id=842.
- Evaluating the impact of scenario-based high-fidelity patient simulation on academic metrics of student success.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2011; 32 (Retrieved from): 259-265
University of South Dakota: www.usd.edu/health-sciences/nursing/simulation-scenarios.
University of Washington: http://collaborate.uw.edu/educators-toolkit/stroke.html-0.